Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Computer and an Interview

The computer came in last week. It works great. I promptly changed the Windows Vista theme back to the Windows XP theme. Change? We fear change. Now, I'm ready - how many months until Starcraft II is released?

Cubs is wrapped up for the year. The end of the year Cub Camp went great. The best camp I've run, I think. We had lots of activities and everyone was in good spirits. We had archery, a fur-trapping scavenger hunt, canoeing and campfires. One thing I'd change is having more healthy food for snack time. Baked apples next year sounds about right.

Also, I've applied to a different department within the government. It's a Database Analyst position, mostly Oracle Forms and Reports. It's a slight pay cut but only by a few thousand dollars. The work is more challenging, more opportunity for learning new skills, new technologies. I'd be working on a team with five others on big projects, not alone on tiny projects. The interview went well. Most questions were easy lobs but there were some zingers regarding the nitties and the gritties of Oracle. I would say I stand a good chance of getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment